The latest PRO Perspective taps Fred Schmidt’s, Managing Partner at Valuation Alliance, 40 years of experience to navigate the uncertain future of CRE.
Crexi’s PRO Perspective series explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the industry. In each episode, we feature different guests to tap into their wealth of CRE expertise and explore the latest trends and updates from the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Yannis Papadakis sits down with Fred to discuss navigating commercial real estate amid coronavirus uncertainty. Fred carries decades of experience in commercial property investing and leading brokerage firms, especially during the Dot Com Bubble, 9/11, and the 2008 Financial Crisis. This first-hand experience managing during these crises uniquely positions him as a voice of expertise when navigating the current market fluctuation.
- Prioritize relationships and stay connected with your clients and network, as these are the foundation of working in commercial real estate, no matter what the market looks like.
- Stay alert and ensure you’re able to pivot when the market demands it of you. This agility will (more likely than not) lead to even more growth than if you were to commit to a single path.
- Remember that discussion about the market’s future travels much faster than actual changes to the market. Anyone who definitively claims they know what the commercial real estate market’s future holds happening probably doesn’t know much.
- Recognize that the CRE industry has a cyclical pattern of growth and correction, and current turbulence will eventually pass.
- During this time, take advantage of current and upcoming technology to adapt and become a more mobile, remote, and capable commercial real estate broker.
Check out the episode here:
About Fred Schmidt:
Fred Schmidt is a commercial real estate professional with nearly four decades of experience. Currently serving as Managing Partner at Valuation Alliance, Schmidt provides commercial real estate consulting on a national and international basis. Valuation Alliance supports its clients across strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, organizational structure, business analytics, and executive leadership coaching and training. With decades of experience as an agent, broker, COO, and President of multinational commercial real estate brokerage and services firms, Schmidt aims to support CRE service providers through the entire life cycle of the business.
Schmidt frequently speaks at CRE industry conferences worldwide, discussing his thoughts on leadership and market trends. Over the last ten years, Schmidt has been featured across multiple national media outlets, including Fox Business News, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, CBS Radio, and many regional news outlets. He’s also featured in many industry media channels such as Globe St., Bisnow, ICSC, NREI, and SIOR.
Crexi is a commercial real estate (CRE) property marketing and deal management platform that combines an active marketplace for sale and for lease properties with powerful property marketing, deal management, and market intelligence tools designed to help brokers, buyers, and tenants eliminate time-consuming processes and close deals faster.