This episode covers the current investment landscape in the world of multifamily with Marc Hershberg, CEO of Topaz Capital Group.
The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the space. In each episode, we feature different guests to tap into their wealth of CRE expertise and explore the latest trends and updates from the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Ashley Kobovitch sits down with Marc to talk about all things in multifamily investing, including current trends, emerging investment opportunities and challenges, and the importance of due-diligence in an ever-shifting economic landscape. Their wide-ranging conversation covers:
- Introductions, career paths, and early lessons learned in working with local governments and CRE development.
- Maintaining and reaffirming a flexible, open-eyed investment ethos that withstands market fluctuations.
- The importance of regularly stress testing and finding areas to internally optimize operations to align with external goals.
- The most significant changes in multifamily and macroeconomic changes in the last five years.
- The current challenges investors face amid rising interest rates and inflation, and how investors and capital-raisers can best position themselves for potential turbulence ahead.
- And much more!
Listen to the episode here:
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Marc Hershberg:
Marc A. Hershberg began his career at UBS Financial Services, managing clients’ portfolios and debt placement of over $1 billion with affiliated banks, insurance pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, not-for-profit portfolios, and private equity partners. Before founding Topaz Capital alongside J. Etan Friedman, Mr. Hershberg worked as Head of Originations and Asset Management at Brick Capital, a premier private equity and debt firm with $250 million AUM. At Brick Capital, Mr. Hershberg worked with the firm’s principals sourcing alternative loan financing and debt acquisition opportunities throughout major U.S. Markets, primarily focusing on the New York Metropolitan area.
Mr. Hershberg holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Yeshiva University and a Master’s Degree from New York University Schack Institute of Real Estate. Mr. Hershberg is a frequent contributor to leading national CRE news outlets and spends much of his time involved in various Jewish and Humanitarian-related charities.
Crexi is transforming commercial real estate with advanced, integrative technology and data analytics designed to accelerate every CRE stakeholder’s success. From trading properties to machine-learning-powered industry Intelligence, Crexi’s intuitive CRE solutions accelerate transaction velocity and have empowered over 2 million monthly users to close $330 billion in deals and market over $2 trillion in property value.