In the latest PRO Perspective, Rob Chandler & Jeff Barbles of Lone Star Partners discuss transitioning careers from brokers to developers with Crexi’s Matt Cors.
Here are some key takeaways from the conversation:
- Now, more than ever, brokers need an online presence for their brand as well as for their listing presentations.
- When it comes to video creation, start with the basics: exterior property videos, interior videos of vacant spaces, and a general pitch of yourself explaining the listing will do the trick. You can easily make these videos using any basic smartphone and free editing software.
- Major production and big-budget work are not needed to add video tours to your listings.
- Virtual meetings (Zoom, Webex, Teams, etc.) will be the new normal for some time – familiarize yourself and learn how to use them. They can be fun and easy!
- Social channels like YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook are fantastic distribution networks for your listings and building your brand.
- While starting something new can be daunting, it’s essential to have fun with establishing your digital marketing presence.
In this episode, Rob, Jeff, and Matt discuss the necessity of an online brand presence for brokers, how the simple use of technology can enhance your business and the daunting challenge of stepping into a new chapter of your career.
Check out the PRO Perspective episode here:
Rob Chandler is a CRE provisional with a diverse background across institutional and private equity investments. As a developer with Lone Star Partners, he’s completed many commercial projects across multiple states for clients, as well as disposing of CRE properties on behalf of Fortune 500 companies. As a broker, Rob worked as a partner in a large CRE firm in Houston, leading the Investment Sales Division and handling disposition of REO assets for financial institutions.
Jeff Barbles carries over 25 years of commercial real estate experience, as both a broker and developer. With Lone Star Partners, Jeff has developed many retail, industrial, and residential communities in both the commercial and residential real estate space. As a broker, Jeff managed over $1 billion in investment sales, user sales, and leasing transactions. Jeff also operated his own construction company, worked in property management and designed a proprietary web-based property management software that later sold to Yardi Systems.
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to share your great ideas with our product team. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.