This episode covers the retail sector’s impressive post-pandemic comeback with Daniel Tyner, Senior Director of JLL’s Capital Markets, Americas.
The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the space. In each episode, we feature different guests to tap into their wealth of CRE expertise and explore the latest trends and updates from the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Ashley Kobovitch sits with Daniel to dive into the resilience of the retail sector, what makes retail so attractive amid market shifts, and short- and long-term considerations as owners, operators, and investors navigate the asset class. Their wide-ranging conversation includes:
- Introductions, early mentors and career moves
- Favorite mistakes and the importance of asking for feedback
- How to prioritize persistence and organization as a broker
- 30,000-foot overview of the retail sector and the history behind its strong position
- West coast market trends vs. the national stage
- Evolution of the retail sector over the last ten years and upcoming trends
- What separates retail from other asset classes, amid current macroeconomic factors
- Advice on potential upside and current obstacles in the retail space
- Rapid fire questions and sign-offs
- And much more!
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Daniel Tyner:
Daniel is a Senior Director in the Orange County office of JLL Capital Markets, Americas. Mr. Tyner focuses on retail investment transactions in the western United States and has been involved in over $2B in transaction volume since 2017. In 2023 he was named as one of Connect CRE’s Next Generation Award Winners for California and is a member of ICSC’s Next Generation group for 2023.
Mr. Tyner joined HFF in January 2017 and was a part of the merger with JLL in 2019. Prior to joining JLL, he worked for Coldwell Banker Commercial Advisors, where he specialized in the acquisition and disposition of retail properties throughout Southern California. He earned his bachelor’s degree from The George Washington University School of Business.
Crexi is transforming commercial real estate with advanced, integrative technology and data analytics designed to accelerate every CRE stakeholder’s success. From trading properties to machine-learning-powered industry Intelligence, Crexi’s intuitive CRE solutions accelerate transaction velocity and have empowered over 2 million monthly users to close $540 billion in deals and market over $5 trillion in property value.