The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the industry. In each episode, we feature different guests, tapping into their wealth of expertise and exploring the latest trends and updates of the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Matt Cors sits down with Peter, deep diving into the previously murky world of cannabis commercial real estate, the difference between operator types, and the many steps involved in connecting buyers and tenants with cannabis real estate. Their wide-ranging conversation covers:
- The early days of the cannabis industry in California and how the market has grown, while being shaped by state-wide and local regulations.
- A breakdown of fundamental principles and best practices when investing in or leasing cannabis facilities.
- Unique challenges across property types, including agricultural land, indoor commercial greenhouses, lab testing facilities, and cannabis retailers.
- Dispelling common myths and misconceptions about working in the cannabis industry.
- How commercial real estate brokers can start learning about and working in cannabis real estate.
- And much more!
Listen to the episode here:
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Peter Padden:
Since 2017, and the broad legalization of cannabis in the state of California, Peter has dedicated his practice of real estate to providing an institutional level of professionalism, tools, and services to the legal marijuana and hemp industries. This higher level of insight and partnership has benefited large and small cannabis businesses and landlords across nine states, as Peter’s commitment to excellence on behalf of his clients has been hard to replicate in today’s brokerage marketplace.
A graduate of the Villanova School of Business with a degree in finance, Peter’s analytical approach to the unique mechanics of transacting cannabis real estate enables both veterans and novices in the industry to benefit from his years of complex deal making in an ever-evolving industry. His move to James Capital Advisors to help co-found the cannabis corporate real estate team with excellent new tools and partners should further the depth and breadth of the advisory that he seeks to provide capable operators.
Crexi is CRE’s fastest-growing marketplace, advanced technology and data platform dedicated to supporting the CRE industry and its stakeholders. From searching for properties to Intelligence, our easy-to-use platform is designed to help buyers, tenants and brokers close deals faster than ever imagined. With millions of users and trillions in property value, Crexi is your solution for CRE success.