This episode covers the entrepreneurial journey and invaluable life lessons learned from self-made billionaire Craig Hall, founder of HALL Group.
The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the space. In each episode, we feature different guests to tap into their wealth of CRE expertise and explore the latest trends and updates from the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Jessica LaRusso sits with Craig to discuss his remarkable career, important lessons learned developing a commercial real estate empire, and advice to CRE newcomers seeking to navigate current financial markets. Their wide-ranging conversation covers:
- Introductions, career paths, mentors and early lessons learned becoming a known name in the development industry.
- Favorite mistakes-turned-opportunities as a young entrepreneur and how to ask the right questions when evaluating an investment opportunity.
- Investment philosophies, the history of HALL Group, and how Mr. Hall successfully built and unified several diverse companies under one umbrella brand.
- The importance of constantly running the numbers, understanding cash flow, maintaining financial buffers to weather headwinds, and knowing when to change course.
- Building an employee team with long-haul buy-in into your company’s vision and how to enable group and individual success.
- And much more!
Listen to the episode here:
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Craig Hall:
Craig Hall is an entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author, vintner, and philanthropist. He formed HALL Group in 1968 at age 18 with $4,000 saved from small ventures that began at age 10. Today, HALL Group’s diversified business interests include active commercial real estate ownership operations, development and management, structured financial lending, winemaking, and early-stage investments in promising startups.
Hall is the author of seven published books, including his most recent, BOOM: Bridging the Opportunity Gap to Reignite Startups, which was published in May 2019.
Crexi is transforming commercial real estate with advanced, integrative technology and data analytics designed to accelerate every CRE stakeholder’s success. From trading properties to machine-learning-powered industry Intelligence, Crexi’s intuitive CRE solutions accelerate transaction velocity and have empowered over 2 million monthly users to close $440 billion in deals and market over $5 trillion in property value.