This episode of The Crexi Podcast features Bruce Stachenfeld, founder of Duvall and Stachenfeld, sharing his insights from 30+ years as a real estate lawyer.
The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the industry. In each episode, we feature different guests to tap into their wealth of CRE expertise and explore the latest trends and updates from the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Yannis Papadakis sits with Bruce to explore his wealth of commercial real estate experience, investment philosophies, and his predictions for the next generation of commercial property investing.
- The origin of Bruce’s “The Real Estate Philosopher” ideology and thought processes.
- Long-term predictions for commercial real estate, including his thoughts on REIT/non-REIT investing and the sector’s upcoming growth as a separate investment class.
- The emotional drivers behind investing decisions, and how smart investors prioritize and manage their decision-making.
- The rise of disruptive technologies in commercial real estate, as proptech and CREtech change the way brokers and principles conduct business.
- The day-to-day realities of a real estate lawyer and how a skilled legal expert can make or break a commercial real estate transaction.
- A breakdown of asset class specific predictions, and retail’s recovery positioning post-COVID.
- And more!
Listen to the episode here:
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Bruce Stachenfeld:
Bruce Stachenfeld is a lawyer and one of the founding partners of Duval & Stachenfeld, a law firm specializing in real estate. Bruce established the firm with Patrick Duval and Terri Adler in 1997. His professional experience also includes stints at Latham & Watkins, Mayer, Brown and Platt.
Bruce is a columnist for multiple online legal publications and authored the book If You Want to Get Rich, Build a Power Niche. He received a JD from Harvard Law School in 1983 and a BS from Tufts University in Massachusetts in 1979. Bruce is a fan of books on business and management theory, including Good to Great by Jim Collins and How to Make Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. He is happily married, and completed the Ford Ironman World Championship Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii in 2007.
Crexi is a commercial real estate (CRE) property marketing and deal management platform that combines an active marketplace for sale and for lease properties with powerful property marketing, deal management, and market intelligence tools designed to help brokers, buyers, and tenants eliminate time-consuming processes and close deals faster.