This episode of The Crexi Podcast explores how proptech will streamline future CRE investing with Jake Marmulstein, CEO of Groundbreaker Technologies.
The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of commercial real estate in conversation with top industry professionals. In each episode, we feature different guests, tapping into their wealth of expertise and exploring the latest trends in the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Yannis Papadakis sits down with Jake to discuss the story of founding a proptech company and how technologies will define and empower the future of commercial property investing.
Their wide-ranging conversation covers:
- The initial challenges of entering the proptech space and how Groundbreaker overcame those obstacles.
- How specialized CRE technology works in partnership with investment groups to facilitate operational processes.
- The importance of intentional team building and empowering new hires to lead as a company grows.
- Trends in the adoption of commercial real estate technology and how the industry is becoming more confident in its usage.
- The importance of data in building out AI/machine-learning-powered processes.
- And much more!
Listen to the episode here:
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Jake Marmulstein:
Jake is the Founder, President & CEO of the Real Estate Investment Tech SaaS company Groundbreaker Technologies.
At Groundbreaker, Jake owns the Company’s strategic vision, recruiting, fundraising, and company culture. Before founding the company, Jake held several roles in real estate and technology, supporting the growth of early-stage digital technology ventures. In 2011, he started his real estate career while underwriting distressed hotel investments for Watermark Capital Partners, a private REIT based out of Chicago. He graduated from The Hotel School at Cornell University with a concentration in Real Estate Finance.
Before moving to Chicago, Jake lived abroad in Europe, Brazil, and Puerto Rico, learning both Spanish and Portuguese.
Crexi is transforming commercial real estate with advanced, integrative technology and data analytics designed to accelerate every CRE stakeholder’s success. From trading properties to machine-learning-powered industry Intelligence, Crexi’s intuitive CRE solutions accelerate transaction velocity and have empowered nearly 2 million monthly users to close $330 billion in deals and market over $2 trillion in property value.