This episode covers the growing investment opportunities and latest market happenings in tertiary markets with Ben Gartner, Associate at J.P. Weigand & Sons.
The Crexi Podcast explores various aspects of the commercial real estate industry in conversation with some of the top CRE professionals in the space. In each episode, we feature different guests to tap into their wealth of CRE expertise and explore the latest trends and updates from the world of commercial real estate.
In this episode, Crexi’s Yannis Papadakis sits down with Ben to discuss all things industrial and office in tertiary Midwest markets, critical career moves that help new brokers become a top performer, and how to capitalize on traditionally undersaturated investment markets. Their wide-ranging conversation includes:
- Introductions, career paths, and how one becomes a top performer
- The importance of mentors on a broker’s career path and how new professionals can attract solid mentors.
- What’s happening with industrial/office assets in tertiary markets like Wichita, Kansas City, and Oklahoma City
- Current investment activity in the Midwest market, where capital is coming from, and untapped investment opportunities.
- And much more!
Listen to the episode here:
Prefer video? The episode also lives on our Youtube page:
About Ben Gartner:
Ben joined J.P. Weigand & Sons, Inc. in early 2017 and quickly became a top producer at the company. Focused on bringing his clients true expertise, he continues his education by regularly attending real estate seminars through SIOR, CCIM, and NAIOP. To keep his clients ahead of the market, Ben combines thorough market knowledge and analysis with frequent communication.
Ben’s sales and leasing activity includes:
- Coverage in the commercial and industrial real estate sectors throughout KS and the Midwest, representing sellers, landlords, buyers, and tenants.
- Over 330 career deals as of Q4 2022
- Status as a Top 5 producing broker by transaction volume and #1 producing broker by deal count at Weigand, 2021
- Winning RSCK Master’s Circle award (over $5M in transaction volume) every year since 2018
Ben earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and International Business from Wichita State University. He has been a CCIM Designee since 2019 and is an SIOR Member Associate. Other memberships include the Kansas Association of Realtors (KAR), the National Association of Realtors (NAR), and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP).
Ben is a happily married father of two children, who enjoys skiing, mountain climbing, soccer, competitive shooting, and obstacle course running, among other activities. Originally from Michigan, Ben lived in Taiwan from 2012-2013 and speaks Mandarin Chinese. He moved to Wichita in 2007, where he’s actively involved in local groups.
Crexi is transforming commercial real estate with advanced, integrative technology and data analytics designed to accelerate every CRE stakeholder’s success. From trading properties to machine-learning-powered industry Intelligence, Crexi’s intuitive CRE solutions accelerate transaction velocity and have empowered over 2 million monthly users to close $330 billion in deals and market over $2 trillion in property value.